At Esthetic Family Dentistry, Dr. Orban sees patients who have more complex problems, such as advanced gum recession, as well as those who are in need of dental implants but have insufficient bone support and are in need of grafting.
Dr. Orban has attended many continuing education courses throughout his career. In addition to his continuing attendance at local and regional study clubs and meetings, some highlights have been: 1986 – Present
- CoreVent Implant System
- Dr. Master’s Implant Course
- IMZ Implant System
- A Comprehensive Review of Periodontics at LSU
- Gortex Guided Tissue Regeneration Workshop
- Periodontal and Restorative Symposium
- McHorris Equilibration Study Club
- Implant Seminar
- Treatment of the Partially and Fully Edentulous Maxilla and Mandible
- Guided Tissue regeneration for Implants
- American Academy of Periodontology Implant Symposium
- Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- L.D. Pankey Institute for Periodontics and Occlusion
- The Misch Implant Institute
- Colorado Springs Implant Study Club
- 3day Bone Grafting Workshop with Cadaver Dissection
- Workshop and Osteotome Technique for Sinus Lifts
- Bone Grafting using CaSo4
- 3I Symposium – Bone Biology and Bone Grafting
- USC 30th Symposium on Periodontics and Dental Implants
- Nobel Biocare World Conference
- MAP Implant Institute – Advanced Bone Grafting
- The International Congress of Oral Implantologists Winter Symposium
Dr. James Orban has been a resident of Colorado since 1948. He attended Fountain Valley School and Colorado College. He went to dental school at Georgetown University in Washington, DC and then to the University of Minnesota for his specialty training in Periodontics. He taught in the Dept. of Periodontics at UCLA for a 11 and a half years before returning to Colorado Springs.
Dr. Orban started his practice in Periodontics in Colorado Springs in 1970. He has expanded his training in Periodontics to the field of dental implants, which he has been doing since 1974. He is a past President of the Colorado Springs Dental Society, Rocky Mountain Society of Periodontists, and Colorado Springs Society of Periodontists. Dr. Orban is a current member of the American Academy of Periodontology, American Dental Association, Colorado Dental Society, the Colorado Springs Dental Society, and the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
Dr. Orban’s recreational interests are hiking/backpacking/camping, climbing (he’s done all the 14’ers), biking, skiing, scuba diving, and traveling with his wife. He started a volunteer dental project in 1987 called The Children’s International Dental Project (www.dentalvolunteers.com) that provides dental care to needy children in hospitals, orphanages, and on the streets in Nepal. He has lead groups to Nepal, Sikkim, India, Bhutan, Samoa, Argentina, Africa, Ecuador, St. Vincent’s, and Costa Rica.